Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Robin Red Breast Redo


This week I am the guest host at Digital 2 for Tuesday. With an image like this, it's easy to create a beautiful card. Cora does an amazing job finding and sharing these vintage visuals. 

I used paper by Colorbok to pick up the colors of the robin. "Hardware" stamps by Crafty Secrets add a touch of elegance to the corners. I used the "out of the box" technique, leaving the bird's tale outside the circle. The sentiment is by Flourishes. The ribbon is Walmart's and the gems are by The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby.

I did my favorite cloud background by using an old CTMH cloud stencil and chalks. A bit of Distress Ink by Ranger finishes the card.

I am entering this card in some challenges...
Crafty Cardmakers - Winged Things
Love to Create Challenge - Show Us Your Ribbon or Twine
Scrap-Creations - Pick 3 (ribbon, blue and distress)

I hope you will take a moment to visit Cora's site. It's amazing!


5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've shaded the sky.

    Thanks for joining the 'winged things' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work Bev - I'm now following xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card and beautifully crafted just perfect four our challenge at Crafty CardMakers, thanks so much for sharing with us this time.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card...love how you colored the robin!! thanks so much for playing along with shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, love the bird. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!