Monday, December 31, 2012

Passing Up Cake is a Big Mistake!

I will be making messes this year. I have decided to use my "God given tools" and really get my hands dirty! I am so excited to open myself up to digging in and staining my fingers with ink, paint, glue and whatever else inspires me.

This week, Tuesday Throwdown is challenging all participants to brighten up their New Year by using bright colors on their projects.

Here is my piece to inspire you...



I used an old glass plate and decoupage medium to coat it with paper and ink. The cakes are a digital stamp from Robyn's Fetish. They are also sponsoring this challenge, so you can actually win some of their adorable stamps!
The papers I used are from my stash. I took a day to organize my paper, and used some scraps in bright colors...lime green, lavender, pinks, blue, and turquoise. The lace was made with a Martha Stewart punch.


I edged the plate with ribbon from my ribbon basket. I have had this stuff for ages! Distress Ink in Broken China was used to deepen the shadows. The flowers were die cut with my Vagabond and Tim Holtz' Tattered Florals Die.

I am entering this plate in some spectacular challenges...wish me luck!
1. C.R.A.F.T. challenge - Not a Card
2. Happy Campers - Food and Drink
3. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Anything but a card
4. A Gem of a Challenge - Lavender and Lace
5.  Hiding in My Craft Room - Freestyle!
6.  Anything But A Card - Anything or Your Favorite from 2012
7.  Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
8.  Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes
9.  Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes
10.  Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
11.  Digital Tuesday - Layers

I hope you like the plate. I used it to hold my plastic forks for desserts at my New Year's Eve get-together.

"Passing up cake is a big mistake!"

Have the Happiest New Year Ever...










7 comments:

  1. Ooooo super creative love.it. can't wait to see your next CIS entry

    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love you bright fun plate Bev. The saying is terrific too! Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card this cahllenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Bev this plate makes me already want to give up on a new year's resolution. NO MORE CAKE!
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. Hope to see you there in 2013.Happy New Year.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, I love it, Love bright colours, they always cheer me up.... Thanks for joining in with us at Happy Campers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA...this is totally awesome! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card this challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet project. Fabulous and so cute. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Eclectic. We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holidays
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    eclecticellapu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabby project x
    Thanks for joining in at happy campers xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!