Friday, July 6, 2012

Elementary My Dear Kitten!

I absolutely love Crafty Secrets Stamps. This adorable kitten is from one of the newest sets called, Cutie Cats.

My granddaughter Molly is going to Kindergarten next Fall, and I think this cute card will be a keepsake for her.

The kitty is raised, and the fence is embossed with copper embossing powder.










I am entering this in some challenges, and one is Case Study Challenge;  here is the card by Kristii Lockart: 


         

To make this card I used paper, cs, and ribbon from CTMH. All old stuff... I used four stamp sets by Crafty Secrets: Cutie Cats, Hardware, Art Studio and Garden Girls. No! Make that 5 sets...I forgot that the little bird is from Fairy Wishes.


I added this crayon box at the last minute. The card was missing something. Love the colors of the box...like a real crayon box. Perfect. The gingham ribbon is something I use alot.


I love this little bird. I use these little guys often to balance a design. Prismacolor Pens were used and the clouds are made with an old CTMH stencil and chalks.


My granddaughter Molly really is a "Smarty Cat" and will love this card. Oh yes, I can't forget the primary color eyelets in the corners!

Here are the challenges I am entering with this card:
Case Study - case a card (copy and steal everything)
Crafty Secrets -not really a challenge, but for the Linky Party!
Just leave a comment to enter the 3 set giveaway!
Great Impressions Stamps - color in the lines
Art Impressions Stamps - metal accent 
Crafty Bloggers Network - anything goes
Card Cupids - ribbon

Thanks for stopping by. Please come again.
~Bev

13 comments:

  1. Great card, love the image, and you Grandaughter will surely treasure it. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, great stamps such fantastic detail!!!

    Thanx for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

    Ger x
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great vintagey old time school card! :) That cats reminds me of illustrations in books I read as a child. Your granddaughter is getting a wonderful keepsake!

    Thanks for joining in our monthly challenge at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card, I love the vintage feel to it!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at CArd Cupids!
    ~Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bev, Your card turned out super cute! I love the way you combined the stamps from the 5 sets. The fence from Garden Girls, tape measure from the Hardware set, crayon box from Art Studio and the little birdie is the perfect finishing touch!

    Thanks for playing in our Linky Party and good luck!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute for a 'smarty cat'!
    Love the '9 colours' that you added...
    Thanks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Hope you'll join us again!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable card! I have to laugh at the sentiment...when my students do something clever in class, I tell them, " I see you're wearing your Smarty Pants today!" LOL Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card - perfect for any smarty cat!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very cute card. Thanks for sharing at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, so much detail!! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, totally love that cat card. Fab colours and layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please leave one!